Just as the brain shrinks when we do the same things … the same way … it grows when challenged with differences.
Here are suggestions for each day in March … culled from sites in the Brain Based Business community.
Try whatever one matches the March date listed to its left and watch new dendrite brain cell growth rejuvenate your firm.
1. Say yes to customers for the entire day … as Maria Palma suggested.
2. Create a game and include people you respect as Mike Sansone did.
3. Attend a meeting at Rotary, Lions Club or Kiwanis as Bridget Wright did.
4. Write a final blog as if it were your last just like Easton Ellsworth advised.
5. Initiate one action plan that will move you forward as Ed Brenegar did.
6. Interview a fine leader on your favorite topic as Galba Bright suggested.
7. Catch up on a good friend’s news and then write about it as GL did.
8. Throw a virtual party to launch your latest idea as Dr. Tammy Lenski did.
9. Collaborate to learn, listen, and share your expertise as Ann Michael did.
10. Celebrate a strength as Tom Vander Well just shared his blog’s big win.
11. Market confidently to ratchet up the bottom line in recession as Seth did.
12. Look at politics as you might watch the Super Bowl – with Terry Starbucker
13. Jump into a SIG about Brain Coaching the way Austin Parry suggested.
14. Rally an inner resource till you strike an opportunity as Joe Bernard did
15. Draw from childhood wisdom and start living as Liz Strauss suggested.
16. Kickstart the day by running up stairs - as Dr. Robyn McMaster did.
17. Keep it fresh and stay relevant with an idea like Steve Roesler suggested.
18. Create one social change today as Anna Farmery suggested.
19. Move past rejection you felt from disappointments as Jim Walton blogged.
20. Learn one new skill that you’ve been avoiding the way Tony Karrer did.
21. Write a blog for or comment on a new social media site as Bill Belew did.
22. Market smarter in multichanneling marketing according to Marshall Sponder.
23. Change management to fit best practices a flat world as Irv Beiman says.
24. Switch to Gmail to get faster more efficient exchanges says Bob Scoble.
25. Fly on a biofueled jet to support less carbon dioxide as posted at Physorg.
16. Change your thoughts about business and expect new results says Rob May.
17. Take care of your brain by making the right decisions reminds Paul Barsch.
18. Consider video’s value in your marketing plans as Jim Kukran suggested.
19. Laugh with the road runner and in spite of Manic Monday Sandra reminds
20. Change your thinking to consider a relationship – advised Peter Haslam.
21. Allow curiosity to rule you as it does in the
22. Watch Scifi with a good friend as Chris Cree took in the new Terminator show.
23. Capture a story in photography without words as Sandy Renshaw does
24. Try a new marketing method with the money in the rapport said Yaro Starak
25. See yourself for who you are and play to strengths said Phil Gerbyshak
26. Use viral video to showcase your skills proposed Drew McLellan
27. Comment on a few new blogs with witty or cool questions said Liz Strauss.
28. Schedule your priorities to get important things done advised Leo Babauta
29. Turf your performance review system for Kent Blumberg’s alternatives.
30. Consider customers as keys to motivation wrote George Reavis
31. Prove you’re not a robot by showing who you really are said Bob Hruzek.
There … I’ve just listed one brainy opportunity ... for each day in March ... to stretch your brain. It's an opportunity to lean against the wisdom of leaders who engage lively areas of the brain so that as Angela Maiers reminds us ...Together we are smarter.
One more challenge though… why not check into the blogs listed here and let them know if the brain busters worked for you on the day you visit their sites. Do also stop by Brain Based Business and share any mental stretches made in March, Ok? Have fun!